Professional in producing ceramic magnets, Young Magnet is one of the best manufacturers and suppliers in China. We have quality ceramic magnets for sale. Please feel free to contact us. Introduction of Hard Ferrite Magnet Ceramic (Hard ferrite) magnets were developed in the 1960's as a low...
Professional in producing ceramic magnets, Young Magnet is one of the best manufacturers and suppliers in China. We have quality ceramic magnets for sale. Please feel free to contact us.
Introduction of Hard Ferrite Magnet
Ceramic (Hard ferrite) magnets were developed in the 1960's as a low cost alternative to metallic magnets, which have strong demagnetization resistance. Because they are hard and brittle, they need special mechanical process. Due to low cost, ferrite magnets have broad application fields, ranging from motors, speakers to toys and crafts. It is the most widely used permanent magnet material.
Ferrite magnets are manufactured through powder metallurgy, therefore, the residual magnetism and recoil permeability are low. But because of strong coercive for and demagnetization resistance, ferrite magnets are suitable o work in magnetic circuits under dynamic working condition. The main material is oxide, so they are not easy to corrode. The working temperature is -40℃ to 250℃.
Ferrite ceramic magnets can be specified into isotropic and anisotropic magnets. Isotropic magnets have lower magnetic performance, but can be magnetized through different directions, while anisotropic permanent magnets have stronger property, but can only be magnetized through predetermined direction.
Young Magnet offers an array of ferrite/ceramic magnets. Ferrite (ceramic) permanent magnets are composed of strontium carbonate and iron oxide. They are charcoal gray in color and usually appear in the forms of discs, rings, blocks, cylinders, and sometimes arcs for motors.
Characteristics of Ferrite Magnet
1. Low cost, widely used in many different applications
2. Stable magnetic property with strong demagnetization resistance
3. High coercivity (do not lose their magnetic properties easily)
4. Good corrosion resistance, no coating required for surface protection
5. Hard and brittle, could do wire cutting with diamond tools
6. Working temperature from -40℃ to 200℃
Common applications of Ferrite magnets
- Electroacoustic: CD/DVD－ROM, Loudspeaker, Microphone
- Electronic appliance: Permanent magnet relay, electric meter, sensor
- Motor Industry: Automobile motor, servo motor, Vibration motor
- Household appliances: Electromotor, compressor
- Medical care: Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Others: Magnetic locks, magnetic toys, packing magnets
Production flow chat of ferrite magnet
Basically, the manufacturing process includes raw material mixing, milling, settling, pressing, drying, sintering, grinding, cutting, cleaning, magnetizing, sorting, packing and shipping.
Magnetic Properties of Ferrite ---- Europe Standard (IEC404-8-1)
Chinese SJ/T10410-2000 permanent ferrite magnet standard
Magnetic Properties of Ferrite ---- USA Standard